A few years ago, Dr. Stephen Sinatra made considerable waves with his book, Earthing. The premise, supported by a lot of scientific and clinical research, proved that because the human body is electrical, it can build up certain electrical charges that become unhealthy--and in some cases, life threatening. The incredibly simply solution? Grounding. This means to provide a direct electrical contact to the earth. There are myriad ways to do this: go barefoot on the grass or bare ground, hug a tree (literally), swim in a river, pond or ocean, or maintain a ground connection by using Dr. Sinatra's "earthing mats" and "earthing cover" for your bed.
Dr. Sinatra lists many benefits to earthing:
- Defuses the cause of inflammation and improves or eliminates the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders, reduces or eliminates chronic pain.
- Improves sleep in most cases.
- Increases energy.
- Lowers stress and promotes calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.
- Normalizes the body's biological rhythms.
- Thins blood and improves blood pressure and flow.
- Relieves muscle tension and headaches.
- Lessens hormonal and menstrual symptoms.
- Dramatically speeds healing and helps prevent bedsores.
- Reduces or eliminates jet lag.
- Protects the body against protentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMF).
- Accelerates recovery from intense athletic activity.
QUANTUM HEALTH TIP: Use the E-4 Formula to reconnect the body's upper and lower energy centers while you are earthing. It will enhance the effect. Earthing is good for any injury, as it is the disruption of the energy flow through the meridians that triggers the body's healing responses. By re-establishing this energy flow, healing is greatly enhanced. Use the E-3 Energy Cream along with your earthing routine for rapid healing.
What is your body trying to tell you?
Mind-body pioneer, Louise Hay, was one of the first to publish a book about what certain symptoms in the physical body mean. In other words, what is the body communicating with particular symptoms. This turns accepted medical understanding on its head, yet opens an entirely new possibility that the body is more than a meat machine. It is a conscious and very aware part of ourselves that is usually ignored or attacked, and at the very least distrusted. Hay believes that symptoms are the body's way of getting our attention to open communication lines to healing.
This theory has also been championed in Dr. Ryke Hamer's German New Medicine, and by Christian Fleche in his book, The Biogenealogy Sourcebook: Healing the Body by Resolving Traumas of the Past. There are several other researchers and titles available on this fascinating subject.
Dr. Hamer discovered, through close examination of x-rays taken of his patients with emotional and physical traumas, that there were visible standing shock waves that remained in the brain after the traumas. These standing waves connected to corresponding symptoms in the body depending on the type of trauma and, hence, its location in the brain. By reliving the moment of trauma, the wave would dissipate along with the symptoms.
For a quick and handy reference to this intriguing field, here is an annotated directory of symptoms and their meanings as researched by Louise Hay.
QUANTUM HEALTH TIP: Our line of Meditation Elixirs greatly help to facilitate meditative states helpful in enhancing body awareness and communication. Also, our Trinity gemstone elixirs help to support body healings for specific conditions and symptoms--use the handy search tool to look up your own issues.
Gratitude: New frontiers for research...
As the study of happiness and emotional well-being gains popularity in psychological and scientific study (it has long been popular in the fields of religion and philosophy), there is increasing research on the nature of gratitude, its causes, and its potential consequences for health and mental-emotional well-being.
Researchers like Martin Seligman, Robert Emmons, and Michael McCullough are turning their attention to the study of gratitude and its relationship to health and mental well-being. Here are some of their findings:
- People who keep gratitude journals on a weekly basis have been found to exercise more regularly, have fewer physical symptoms, feel better about their lives as a whole, and feel more optimistic about their upcoming week as compared to those who keep journals recording the stressors or neutral events of their lives.
- Daily discussion of gratitude results in higher reported levels of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, attentiveness, energy, and sleep duration and quality. Grateful people also report lower levels of depression and stress, although they do not deny or ignore the negative aspects of life.
- People who think about, talk about, or write about gratitude daily are more likely to report having helped someone with a personal problem or offered emotional support to another person.
- Those with a disposition towards gratitude are found to place less importance on material goods, are less likely to judge their own or others success in terms of possessions accumulated, are less envious of wealthy people, and are more likely to share their possessions with others.
- Emerging research suggests that daily gratitude practices may have some preventative benefits in warding of coronary artery disease.
QUANTUM HEALTH TIP: It's so much easier to be grateful in a positive energy space. A great tool to use to neutralize negativity around you is our Clean Sweep spray. It instantly and effectively blows away negative thoughts, emotions, and even EMF (electro-magnetic fields). Spray it into your own space, the space of your children, workplace, anywhere there are negativities. Watch what happens! It's a great way to help maintain a grateful, positive and healthful outlook on everything!
This new application of subtle energy infusion into a Himalyan Salt Lamp has catapulted the natural benefits of salt lamps to a whole new level. We have infused the lamps with harmonizing, stablizing subtle energies that greatly heighten the similar existing properties of the lamps, making the experience of the lamps a palpable and impressive one. Put one in the office or TV room to neutralize EMF, or "electro-smog". Put one in the bedroom for a soothing night light and negative ions for a restful sleep.
These lamps are approximately 12 inches tall, direct from Nepal, include an off-on rocker switch on an A/C cord, 4-watt light bulb, and a wooden base, $39.95. (MORE INFO)