in an Isolation Tank
The sensory deprivation tank, also known as an isolation chamber, or flotation tank, is a modern day relaxation therapy that has been gaining widespread attention for its remedial and healing benefits for the mind and soul. Drawing upon meditation theory, it forces the participant to let go of all external sensory stimuli to focus on the infinite universe that is within.
The tank is filled with water that is harmonized to the same temperature as the surface of the skin. Heavily salted with Epsom salt, the water is extremely dense, allowing the person to float on their backs with their nose and mouth above the water. The participant enters the tank nude, and because of the precisely correlated temperature of the water and the skin, the person is led to feel as though they are floating in mid-air. Neither light nor sound can enter the chamber, which means the person is completely cut off from outward sensory stimuli and, after relaxing into the environment, is absorbed into a concentrated mediation.
Within the first 15-20 minutes, users report experiences wherein they observe themselves and their lives with a new transparency, gaining clarity on things such as their behaviour, relationships, and thought patterns. As time goes on within the chamber, the mind and soul become completely segregated from the body, wherein some can experience the "god-head", or the feeling of complete oneness with the universe and the source of love and light.
The tank provides a helping means for anyone to practice meditation, whether they are completely new to the exercise or are already a master. The benefits can be substantial for people who are experiencing stress and who wish to escape their busy lives, for people who have difficulty meditating in their normal environments, or even for people who simply wish to gain clarity on issues in their daily lives.
QUANTUM HEALTH TIP: We have several clients who use our subtle energy formulas to achieve greater results with the isolation tank experience. Popular formulas are E-1 Stress Relief, Zen Meditation Elixir, and Deep Insight Meditation Elixir. Happy floating!
4 Happiness Hacks from Brain Research
Here's what brain research says will make you happy:
1. Ask “What am I grateful for?” No answers? Doesn’t matter. Just asking helps. The benefits of gratitude start with the dopamine system, because feeling grateful activates the brain stem region that produces dopamine. Additionally, gratitude toward others increases activity in social dopamine circuits, which makes social interactions more enjoyable. One powerful effect of gratitude is that it can boost serotonin. Trying to think of things you are grateful for forces you to focus on the positive aspects of your life. This simple act increases serotonin production in the anterior cingulate cortex.
2. Label those negative emotions. Give it a name and your brain isn’t so bothered by it. n one fMRI study, appropriately titled “Putting Feelings into Words” participants viewed pictures of people with emotional facial expressions. Predictably, each participant’s amygdala activated to the emotions in the picture. But when they were asked to name the emotion, the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex activated and reduced the emotional amygdala reactivity. In other words, consciously recognizing the emotions reduced their impact.
3. Decide. Go for “good enough” instead of “best decision ever made on Earth.” Making decisions includes creating intentions and setting goals — all three are part of the same neural circuitry and engage the prefrontal cortex in a positive way, reducing worry and anxiety. Making decisions also helps overcome striatum activity, which usually pulls you toward negative impulses and routines. Finally, making decisions changes your perception of the world — finding solutions to your problems and calming the limbic system.
4. Hugs, hugs, hugs. Don’t text--touch. In fact, as demonstrated in an fMRI experiment, social exclusion activates the same circuitry as physical pain. One of the primary ways to release oxytocin is through touching. Obviously, it’s not always appropriate to touch most people, but small touches like handshakes and pats on the back are usually okay. For people you’re close with, make more of an effort to touch more often.
So what’s the dead simple way to start that upward spiral of happiness? Just send someone a thank you email. If you feel awkward about it, you can send them this post to tell them why. This really can start an upward spiral of happiness in your life. UCLA neuroscience researcher Alex Korb explains:
Everything is interconnected. Gratitude improves sleep. Sleep reduces pain. Reduced pain improves your mood. Improved mood reduces anxiety, which improves focus and planning. Focus and planning help with decision making. Decision making further reduces anxiety and improves enjoyment. Enjoyment gives you more to be grateful for, which keeps that loop of the upward spiral going. Enjoyment also makes it more likely you’ll exercise and be social, which, in turn, will make you happier.
QUANTUM HEALTH TIP: Most of us know that we get in our own way more often than not, which can lead to a downward spiral of self-recrimination and depressive feelings. These self-inflicted emotions are a type of negativity very effectively neutralized by our Clean Sweep formula. Mist yourself with Clean Sweep, take a walk and hug somebody!
Our Own Candice Covington has a New Book Out Now
We're so proud of our aromatherapist partner, Candice Covington, for publishing her latest labor of love. We like to think of it as the definitive treatise on the effects of aromas on human consciousness.
In the book:
- You'll find how to use essential oils to influence your energetic make-up and karmic patterns:
- It details how to identify which tattvas--the Five Great Elements--are dominant in your energetic make-up
- The book explores the energetic signatures of the essential oils associated with each tattva and chakra, including their archetypes, sacred geometry, sacred sounds, and colors
- Candic explains how to identify your personal vibrational signature, purify your energy body, impart
- You'll discover the vibrational properties to jewelry, and how to work with yantras and mantras
The author provides energetic profiles of each tattva, chakra, and essential oil, explains their relationships to one another, and details how to identify what tattva or chakra is dominant at any given time. Exploring the energetic signatures of the tattvic essential oils, she details their elemental make-up, animal and deity archetypes, sacred geometry symbols, sacred syllables, and colors. She reveals how to discover the energy patterns responsible for directing unhealthy life patterns and explains how to identify your personal vibrational signature, purify your energy body, and craft your own unique ritual practice with essential oils.
Showing how essential oils are powerful vibrational tools for effecting change, the author reveals how they allow each of us to deliberately steer our own destiny, fulfill our personal dharma, and be all that our souls intended us to be. Order a copy HERE.
We Now Have CBD! But Not Your Grandmother's CBD
Nothing against Grandma, but we have the most advanced form of CBD (Cannabidiols) Hemp Oil on the market. Our formula begins with the purest pharmaceutical grade CBD hemp oil from Elixinol, and then we super-charge the oil with Vital Force technology. This is a subtle-energy infusion that adds incredible energies to the oil that are taken from the many healing constituents of the hemp plant. This creates a synergistic leap in effectiveness and potency. If you're currently using CBD Hemp Oil as part of your wellness routine, please check our version out. It not only is head and shoulders above the rest of the CBD oils out there, it is a better value when considering the bump in bio-active energy it's been given. At $40 per ounce, this is a fabulous value. MORE INFO
The Return of E-3 Energy Cream
Back by popular demand and with the help of some generous and dedicated clients, we now have E-3 Revitalizing and Repair Cream available once again (cheering in the background). E-3 is our popular pain-relieving topical cream, that is non-analgesic, hypoallergenic and scent-free. We're still carrying the Arnica-MSM Repair Cream, so now you have a choice! E-3 is also available in a convenient 2 oz. travel size, so you can take the cream with you and not have to give it up at the airport TSA station... MORE INFO
Check Out Our Brand New Website!
We've finally dragged our old site (designed in 2003) into the modern world, where it's mobile friendly, and much easier to navigate and to buy our unique products. Plus, if you set up an account, you can earn points toward future purchases, as well as earn rewards for referring your friends. In fact, there are 10 WAYS you can earn rewards! Let us know what you think! We'll continue to add features and resources, so stop on by!
"Stone of Happy Dreams and Changes"
Spiritually: Enhances cosmic consciousness and stimulates mystical experiences. It enhances meditation and aligns the etheric, mental and emotional bodies. Stimulates intuition and creativity.
Emotionally: Amplifies and brings things to the surface for transformation. Associated with love and passion it intensifies emotional states and releases inhibitions. Enhances self-worth and helps you to understand your full potential.
Mentally: Brings lightness and spontaneity and encourages an interest in the arts. Strengthens memory.
Physically: Strengthens the will to live. May help Parkinson's disease, and infections; may help purify the blood and kidneys, may regulate insulin, may ease childbirth, and PMS. May be beneficial to the eyes.
Trinity Opal Elixir is on sale for a month for 30% off with discount code OPAL30 (enter the code in the indicated box as you checkout through the website shopping cart-- (offer good until 7/1/17).